Are you a type “A” personality. Most Property Managers I know are type “A” personalities. Type “A” personalities typically are PROACTIVE in their businesses. Let’s face it, Property Management is NOT a proactive business. On the contrary it is very REACTIVE. AND most of the reactions are not very pleasant.
- The owner calls with a complaint, we react.
- The tenant doesn’t pay the rent, we react.
- The HOA calls in a violation, we react.
- A plumbing leak, an A/C is on the blink, a toilet won’t flush; when reported, we react.
- Almost everything in the business of Property Management is a reaction to some issue.
The one that puts property managers, brokers, and owners at risk and makes us most vulnerable is the Security Deposit. The one item that lays us “out there” is the Security Deposit.
Be proactive when it comes to potential Real Estate Commission complaints, threats of attorneys, court, or lawsuits. Good Documentation at the Move-In and the Move-Out takes the risk off your shoulders and puts it back on the tenant.
Having a THIRD PARTY, non-biased report at move-in and move-out reduces that risk even more.
OnSight PROS gives property managers the tools to be PROACTIVE where you are most vulnerable and at risk.